TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR POWERBAND
Gain precision and control over the powerband and delivery of your performance 1.8T build with the iE Adjustable Cam Gear for Audi/VW 1.8T 20V 06A Engines. Designed to give you control over precise and incremental adjustments to advance or retard your camshaft timing. This bolt-on complete cam gear upgrade makes it easy to optimize your valvetrain to match the flow dynamics of your upgraded engine and turbocharger.
- Fine-tune and optimize your powerband
- Dial-in cam timing to match upgraded turbos
- Large adjustment range of +/- 10 Deg
- Easy-to-read laser etching for exact cam positioning
- Hard anodized outer ring for superior wear resistance
- Five genuine ARP bolts for secure locking
- Fully machined and quality control verified in the USA
- Perfect fit with factory keyway alignment
STRENGTH & DESIGN
The iE Cam Gear offers more than adjustability and has been engineered to improve strength and reliability over the factory design to increase the reliability of the 1.8T timing system on high-powered and high-revving builds. Precision machined from solid 6061 aluminum with an exact fit one-piece male keyway for a seamless installation. The cam gear outer rings are hard anodized for long-life resistance to wear and ensure a perfect mesh with the timing belt. All threads have been roll-form tapped and stuffed with high-quality stainless ARP bolts to securely lock the cam gear to your desired timing mark. Finished with bright dip anodizing and crisp laser etching for easy-to-read and precise timing adjustments.
iE/ARP BOLT UPGRADE
In performance builds, stress on the factory camshaft gear and bolt interface can lead to engine failures. Our partnership with ARP brings you a performance bolt upgrade with increased clamping force, aerospace-grade alloy, and roll-formed threads for a reliable and strong operation. Click here for cam bolt technical specs and installation instructions.
DO NOT reuse factory cam gear bolts. The 1.8T 20V stock cam gear bolt is a one-time use stretch bolt and must be replaced anytime it is installed/removed. Failure to replace your camshaft bolt with either a new stock bolt or an iE/ARP upgrade will result in failed torque, which can lead to loss of timing, broken keyway, spun cam gear, and serious engine damage or failure.
- VW - Golf 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - GTI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - Passat 1998-2005 (B5 - B5.5) -06A only
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V -06A only
- AUDI - A4 2002-2005 (B6) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - TT 2000-2006 (MK1 - 8N) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - S3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V
Does not fit early B5 Passat & A4 058 engines.