IE B9 A4 & A5 Performance Catted Downpipe
The IE catted downpipe is the perfect solution for those looking to add performance to their Audi A4 & A5 B9 (2017+) 2.0L. Expect horsepower gains as well as an aggressive sound. In addition, motorsports engineering and quality materials translate to a long-lasting and quality product. You will not be disappointed!
- Excellent horsepower gains of 21.8HP - with a plug-and-play tuning box
- Cast sections ensure maximum flow and gorgeous fit and finish
- True 76mm Throughout- Does not neck down to OE Sizing at catalyst discharge
- 76mm tubing replaces the restrictive 65mm factory tubing
- Direct bolt-on fitment - no modification or bending of mount brackets required
- 100% 304 stainless steel pipe construction - lifetime of worry free performance
- Thick cast turbo flange - ensures long gasket life and no leaks
- High flow 200 cell catalytic converter - full power with reduced pollution and no exhaust smell
- High quality metal matrix catalyst flows more than cheaper ceramic matrix cats
- Tuned resonator - keeps highway drone to a minimum
- Fully lined extra tough flex section will never collapse internally
- Kit includes - Downpipes, midpipe, all mounting hardware (nuts, bolts, clamps, gaskets)
- Install instruction can be download by CLICKING HERE
IE PERFORMANCE DOWNPIPE
The IE B9 A4 & A5 Catted Downpipe works to reduce turbocharger back pressure and increase power. In turn, turbo spool should increase and with a performance ECU tune you will unlock the performance potential of your car. Experience power gains across the entire RPM range as the exhaust emits an aggressive sound that you are bound to love.
All IE exhaust systems are designed in-house using state of the art digital scanning for a perfect fit and manufactured from thick wall 304 stainless steel offering a lifetime of performance and fun.
3 INCH (76MM) DOWNPIPE HORSEPOWER GAINS
Installing the IE 3" catted downpipe on your B9 A4, A5, or Allroad 2.0T engine, you can expect huge power gains of +20-25HP when installing with a Stage 2 ECU tune or plug-in tuning box (this can vary by brand).
IE engineers elected to use a resonator in the B9 A4 & A5 exhaust. The result was a much better sounding exhaust overall. The factory cat back has a very unpleasant rasp when used with a downpipe which does not have a resonator. As IE engineers are true enthusiasts as well, it was very important that the exhaust also sounded great. Check out the video to hear stock vs. IE sound clips.
IE VS. OE: DOWNPIPE SOUND COMPARISON
*All sound clips are on a Stage 2 vehicle with IE cold air intake and intercooler installed. Only the downpipe was changed, no modifications were made to the factory installed catback.
HIGH-FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER
IE’s performance downpipe includes a high-flow 200 cell per inch metal matrix catalyst located as close to the turbo as possible. Metal matrix catalysts are higher performance because the matrix web is thinner, allowing higher flow in the same size. Our catalyst is also a very large diameter, allowing a large flow area and maximum power. By being placed close to the turbo, emissions and unwanted unpleasant smells are greatly reduced.
DIRECT BOLT-ON WITH PERFECT FITMENT
The IE downpipe replaces over 6 feet of restrictive factory exhaust tubing, all the way back to the OE “Cat-Back” rear section. Sturdy fabricated mounts and precise engineering result in a rattle free and long last replacement exhaust system. 3D scanning systems were employed to ensure perfect placement both in pre and post-production phases.
Installation should be completed by a professional and preferably on an auto lift. CLICK HERE to view and download the install guide.
INSTALL OVERVIEW VIDEO
*This product is not CARB certified and thus is not available for purchase in the state California.
HORSEPOWER & TORQUE DYNO RESULTS
*Power figures are on full bolt-on and tuned Stage 2 cars. Power measured at the hub performed on a hub dynamometer, power figures are taken from multiple vehicles. Power gains may differ from advertised as individual vehicles will vary in maintenance, mileage, and conditions. HP=horsepower, TQ= Torque ft-lbs.
- Audi - B9 A4 2016+ with 2.0T engine
- Audi - B9 A5 2016+ with 2.0T engine
- Audi - B9 A4 Allroad 2017+ with 2.0T engine