FORGED CRANKSHAFT FOR POWERFUL ENGINE BUILDS
Looking to increase the displacement of your 06A 1.8T 20V engine by building your own stroker kit? This forged 2.0L stroker crankshaft has been modified as a direct fit when coupled with stroker pistons as the perfect solution to increase your displacement to 2008cc.
DIRECT FIT FOR 06A 1.8T ENGINES
IE forged 1.8T stroker cranks begin as brand new factory Volkswagen/Audi 2.0 FSI crankshafts. The crank is then modified to fit your 06A 1.8T block using a specialty press-fit oil pump drive gear. This modification produces a direct fit 2.0L crankshaft solution that requires no engine block modifications to install.
STROKER ENGINE BENEFITS
Stroking your 1.8T engine to 2.0L provides quicker turbocharger spool, increased off boost power and torque, and more power and torque per pound of boost. Stroking the engine will also lower cylinder pressures, allowing you to stretch pump gas further. This allows more aggressive tuning delivering more power output on the same octane.
- Audi - A4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V engines (late 06A only)*
- Audi - A4 2002-2005 (B6) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - TT 2000-2006 (MK1 - 8N) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - A3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V engines
- Audi - S3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Golf 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - GTI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V engines
- VW - Passat 1998-2005 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V engines (late 06A only)*
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 1.8T 20V engines
REQUIRED ADDITIONAL HARDWARE
Increasing the displacement of your 1.8T engine to 2.0L (2008cc) using a 2.0L stroker crankshaft requires 83mm bore 92.8mm stroker pistons and matching 144X20mm connecting rods.
Available stroker pistons
- IE Spec Mahle 1.8T 20V Stroker Piston Set - IE Part Number: MAH-PVA1
- IE Spec JE 1.8T 20V FSR Stroker Piston Set - IE Part Number: JE-PVA3
- JE 1.8T 20V Stroker Piston Sets - IE Part Number: JE-PVA**
- Wiseco 1.8T 20V Stroker Piston Set - IE Part Number: WIS-PVA1
Available connecting rods
- IE Forged 144X20 Tuscan I Beam Connecting Rod Set - IE Part Number: IERTVA1
- IE Forged 144X20 H Beam Connecting Rod Set - IE Part Number: IERHVA1
- IE Forged 144X20 H Beam Rifle Drilled Connecting Rod Set - IE Part Number: IERHVA1-RD
Oil pump drive gear installed - In order to use this crankshaft to upgrade your 1.8T 20V from 1.8 liters displacement to 2.0 liters you must have IE's custom oil pump drive gear installed. This typically takes 1-2 hours to install. This crankshaft comes with the correct oil pump drive gear installed.
As this crankshaft is an OEM part that we purchase from the dealer it is worth noting that the price has ballooned over the past years. We recommend using a new crankshaft, such as this one, however if it's out of your budget a used unit may be sourced and you will have to buy IE's oil pump drive gear and install it yourself.