- 21mm wrist pin for use with factory or aftermarket 21mm pistons
- Forged from vacuum drawn two piece 4340 chromemoly steel
- Upgraded H beam design greatly increases strength and durability
- Combination tested to 700+HP on 6-cylinder engines
- Includes IE Spec ARP 2000 rod bolts with "IE" stamp
- Individual computer-optimized design
- Honed to exacting tolerances within 250 millionths of an inch
- Each connecting rod set is balanced to weights within +/- 1 gram
- Dimensionally and magnaflux inspected to ensure extreme reliability
- Multi-stage heat treated for dimensional stability and fatigue life
REQUIRES 21MM WRIST PIN FACTORY OR AFTERMARKET PISTONS
AUDI 2.7T ROD OVERVIEW
When increasing the power output of your Audi B5 S4 engine, internal parts begin to fail as they are pushed far beyond their original factory spec limits. Integrated Engineering Forged Connecting Rods are designed to replace the factory units and take the beating from today's high-output power modifications. Drive fast and reliably with IE performance rods, guaranteed to support over 700HP on 2.7T engines!
- Center to Center: 154mm
- Wrist Pin Diameter: 21mm
- BIG End Journal Width: 19.90mm
- Wrist Pin Style: Non-tapered
- Big End Journal Diameter: 57.60mm
- Average Rod Weight (with Bolts): 586 grams
- Rod Bolt Dimensions: 5/16" x 1.5" UHL
H BEAM DESIGN
The H-beam design is the workhorse of our connecting rod product line. This design features strength, durability, stiffness, and rigidity. IE H-beam Connecting Rods are a great upgrade over weaker factory units.
All IE rods are designed specifically for the application using relevant cylinder pressure and other application-specific factors. We put our vast European engine knowledge to use when designing each application.
Honing the connecting rod big end in-house on state-of-the-art equipment ensures the tolerances are set correctly to ensure proper bearing operation. Lesser quality rods are often not honed with the same attention to detail.
MATERIAL FORGED 4340
Made from strong and durable 2-piece 4340 forgings, these rods will withstand almost everything you can throw at them.
IE/ARP ROD BOLTS
All IE rods come standard with ARP 2000 rod bolts. The rod bolts in every set of IE rods are stamped with the letters "IE" to ensure you have a genuine set of IE rods.
INCLUDED ARP 2000 ROD BOLT TORQUE SPECS
*The following torque spec is for the included ARP 2000 5/16" rod bolts using only the included ARP assembly lubricant. Do not follow this guide using ARP +625, other assembly lubricants, or alternative bolts.
The preferred method of measuring bolt load is with a stretch bolt gauge. The included ARP 2000 bolts need to be tightened and measured to .0056” of stretch using the included ARP assembly lubricant.
When using a high-quality torque wrench, first verify the torque wrench has not been dropped and is properly calibrated. An un-calibrated torque wrench can lead to under/over torque and rod bolt failure. Torque each rod bolt to a final torque of 26 ft/lbs. We recommend torquing the bolt, breaking it loose, and re-torquing it three times per bolt. This ensures proper rod bolt stretch and that the rod cap is fully seated. Do not exceed 26 ft/lbs. This torque spec is based on the included ARP assembly lubricant.
Connecting rods are some of the highest stressed components in an engine and thus require extreme attention to detail to ensure proper operation and reliability. Integrated Engineering ensures the success of your next engine build by putting each set of connecting rods through a rigorous quality control process. For years, Integrated Engineering H-beam Rods have been integral to delivering the power that the highest-powered turbo setups and race engine demand.
Extra attention has been paid to even the smallest details, such as the bearing tangs, wrist pin fit, and big end side clearance, providing a level of fit and finish not found anywhere else. Each and every set is finished, machined, and honed in-house for perfectly round big-end bores, resulting in the industry's lowest failure rates. All rods in this series feature generous wrist pin oiling for long-life operation. One of the hallmarks of a high-quality connecting rod is its strength-to-weight ratio. Our optimized H beam design is utilized and validated using modern CAD drafting and FEA analysis techniques to create this balance of strength and lightweight. These techniques ensure the rod is as light and strong as possible, perfect for today's powerful and high rpm European applications.
CONNECTING ROD FITMENT
- Audi - S4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 2.7T 30V V6 engines
- Audi - A4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 2.8L 30V V6 engines
- Audi - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 2.8L 30V V6 & 2.7T 30V V6 engines
- Audi - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 2.8L 30V V6 & 2.7T 30V V6 engines
- Audi - A8 1994-2002 (D2) 2.8L 30V V6 engines
- VW - Passat 1998-2005 (B5 - B5.5) 2.8L 30V V6 engines
*Not compatible with Audi B5 RS4 2.7T engines