UPGRADE TO THE TOUGHEST JE PISTONS FOR 2.0T FSI
This is a complete custom set of 83mm 9.5:1 compression ratio JE forged FSR 2.0L stroker pistons designed to IE race spec for all belt-drive 2.0T FSI VW/Audi engines. This is the piston set used in all high horsepower IE race engine builds. Engineered to withstand extreme race punishment, JE's trademarked coating Tuff Skirt ® and JE's own thermal barrier crown coating is utilized. This piston set features oil ring rail support allowing the piston rings to be moved further down on the piston. Furthermore, upgraded lateral gas ports also come standard to build up pressure behind the compression ring and seal it against the cylinder wall. The overall strength is completed with a set of JE upgraded tool steel wrist pins. The added displacement by increasing the bore of your engine block yields more power and torque on the same boost pressure, less chance of detonation at a given power level (Lower peak cylinder pressures), faster spool, and increases out of boost power levels.
- 83MM bore 9.5:1 CR, 92.8MM stroker
- Included tool steel wrist pin upgrade
- Included ceramic dome coating
- Included tuff-Skirt coating
- Upgraded oil ring rail support
- Upgraded lateral gas ports
- Includes JE wire locks and Pro Seal piston rings
- No dish deburring or preparation needed
- Individually prepared inspection report of dimensional conformity
- Each piston individually serialized for complete traceability
- 23-point post-production inspection conducted by certified personnel
- Tighter tolerances on 14 critical areas of the piston
- All critical surfaces machined in dedicated Critical Manufacturing Cell
JE's state of the art FSR forgings reduce mass and wear caused by friction without sacrificing strength. This is accomplished by using an asymmetrical skirt design instead of the traditional full-round skirt, also this reduces weight significantly. Designed specifically for boosted applications, FSR forgings utilize a larger, stronger skirt on the side of the piston which receives all the side loading during high-pressure combustion process. The opposite skirt is smaller for lightweight. FSR pistons still use a full-width wrist pin and optimal large, wide pin bosses to carry the load of a turbocharged engine without wearing or ovaling out the pin bosses. In order to combat in cylinder noise commonly found in lightweight pistons, these feature an offset pin and keep very quiet in the bore. FSR pistons receive strict quality control and 23 point post-production inspection to ensure exact finish and tolerances in critical areas making the lightest, truly heavy duty piston on the market.
- JE FSR design requires oil squirters to be modified or spaced out for clearance on some 2.0T blocks.