- Takes Audi 2.7T engine to 3.0L
- Increase horsepower and torque
- Spool larger frame turbos faster
- More engine power out of boost
- Less chance of cylinder detonation
- Includes JE Pro Seal piston rings
- Includes wrist pins and pin locks
- No dish deburring or preparation needed
- Individually prepared inspection report of dimensional conformity
- Each piston individually serialized for complete trace-ability
- 23-point post-production inspection conducted by certified personnel
- Tighter tolerances on 14 critical areas of the piston
- All critical surfaces machined in dedicated Critical Manufacturing Cell
INCLUDED IN 2.7T PISTON SETS
- 6X JE forged stroker pistons
- 6X JE Pro Seal piston ring sets
- 6X JE straight wall carbon steel wrist pins
- 12X JE wrist pin wire locks
WHAT IS A 3.0L STROKER PISTON?
Stroker pistons feature a larger bore, larger oil squirter notches, modified piston dish, and properly place wrist pins allowing you to up the displacement by increasing the stroke and bore of the engine. Along with these specialty designed stroker pistons, the increased displacement to 3.0 liters is accomplished by using a larger 92.8mm stroke crankshaft and 154X21 connecting rod. This stroker kit results in a 3.0L displacement that yields more horsepower and torque on the same boost pressure, less chance of detonation due to lower peak cylinder pressures, faster spool, and produces more power on low octane fuel.
- Bore: 82mm or 83mm
- Stroke: 92.8mm
- Rod size: 154X21
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
JE stroker piston sets for the Audi 2.7T 30V engine are offered in an 8.5:1 compression ratio. This compression will allow higher boost levels on lower octane ratings with less chance of knock and cylinder detonation than higher compression ratio pistons. This compression ratio is a perfect match for engine builds running high boost, high torque, or race fuels/nitrous requiring this type of forged piston.
INCREASED BORE SIZE
Requires machine work! To reach the increased displacement and stroke on a 2.7T block, stroker pistons require to be 82mm overbore. Overbore pistons require additional machine work including a cylinder bore and hone. This work must be performed by a machine shop. Not only does overboring allow the increased displacement, but this additional work also ensures a proper piston to wall clearance and in most cases results in stronger compression, longer piston life, increased ring life, and quieter piston operation. For engines with cylinder damage past 82mm bores, an 83mm bore option is also available.
All JE piston sets offered by IE include the wire locks and ship standard with straight wall carbon steel wrist pins. The included wrist pin is recommended for performance engines not exceeding 125HP per cylinder. For engines exceeding this power output, we highly recommend upgrading to JE's Tool Steel Wrist Pins when ordering.
Don't see what you're looking for? If the options for compression ratio or bore sizing does not meet your build requirements, an IE customer service associate can help you custom order a JE piston to your specs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started! Custom pistons include a price surcharge and are made to order, expect a 4-6 week lead time.
- Audi - S4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5)
- Audi - RS4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5)
- Audi - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 2.7T 30V Bi-turbo engine
- Audi - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 2.7T 30V Bi-turbo engine
REQUIRED IE CONNECTING RODS
- IE 154x21 Forged Connecting Rods for Audi 2.7T - IE Part Number: IERHVD1
REQUIRED STROKER CRANKSHAFT
- Audi factory 3.0L 30V (AVK) crankshaft. Found in 2002-2005 (B6) A4 3.0L V6 engines.